Tuesday 2 June 2015

No Nigella

Short post this time.
Just an update on the epic recipe book challenge.
This has been going quite slowly to be honest, but I am still plugging away. Here's a book to tick off: Nigella Express.

A while ago I fancied making donuts. I have done them in the past, and it is a bit of a faff really. A tasty faff, but a faff really.
I was looking through Nigella Express and came across the Donut French Toast recipe so I thought is was worth a go.
There was still a small level of faff, but nothing I couldn't get over and they were relatively successful. Until then i had never tried french toast, so this introduction was quite a good one. The only slight issue for me was that they were no donuts. Maybe one of our many other recipe books has a faff-free donut recipe...

One thing is for sure though. Mine were far less sophisticated or pretty as the illustration in the book, thus proving one thing: I am no Nigella.

Refined and sophisticated? Tasty though!

No comments:

Post a Comment